Monday, March 19, 2007

Welcome to my world...

Well, I wasn't sure what to call this post but my day started out kinda rocky but I am feeling good now.

This morning my 12 yr old and I discovered that someone h ad been on our back patio and stole the handlebars off my 5 yr old's Razr scooter. We live in an apt complex.. the downstairs back patios are fenced in and then fence is pretty high but these kids have no problems scaling them.

Also, someone stole his muddy shoes off the front porch.. why I have no clue. It's a good thing he had sandals or we'd be in trouble. He was almost late for school because of it.

If you've ever read my OTHER blog.. you'd know all about the troubles I have had with this place. I am SO ready to get out.. this was just the icing on the cake. Ooh.. icing.. that sounds really good.... anyway back on track.

So earlier I was in tears when I called my mom to tell her what happened. I started looking at rental classifieds in town.. started to get depressed. And then it happened... I had an epiphany.

I had been thinking about going back to cleaning houses.. I used to do it for a service about 10 yrs ago but I'd rather work for myself. So I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and figure out a way to actually do it. I found a lady in town who does daycare.. and she's willing to only charge me $5 an hour for my 2 smaller kids (who dont go to school, might be 5 per kid but still) on a drop in basis, no contract.

I brought it up with DH who said we'd talk about it when he got home (just walked in the door, literally!) and I got so excited at the prospect I cleaned my house just to show DH I could do it AND I even have dinner ready.

So while I may not actually be SuperMom.. I do damned good impression lol.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment