Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tattoo Crazy $

I've been thinking long and hard about what I wanted for my next tattoo and after careful planning and research I thought I had come to a final idea on my design. Well, after talking to a friend about it.. it was stuck in my head and the more I kept thinking about it, the more I wanted something different. All I knew I wanted was some type of flower with 2 hummngbirds as the main image and cherry blossom filler.


I thought I had settled on Coral (trumpet) Honeysuckle, since it is a major hummingbird attractor.  Now, I'm leaning toward purple orchids and I think that this is definate. I think the purple will go well with the soft pink cherry blossoms and the bright colors of the hummingbirds. The type of hummingbird I am looking at is the Ruby Throated Hummingbird. It is a gorgeous green color with a ruby colored patch on the throat, hence the name 'Ruby Throated'.:D


This one is going on my right arm, from the shoulder down to  the middle of my arm.. maybe a little lower so when I wear a tee shirt the flowers will peek through. I also want it to slightly branch off from the shoulder onto my chest. You can understand now why I wanted a slightly bigger flower at the top of the shoulder.


I am really excited about this tattoo.. hopefully, I don't change my mind again in the next 5 months LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment