Monday, February 15, 2010

Well Hello There_

I had my surgery on Friday. Every thing went well except that they ended up needing to take a whole ovary plus about half of the remaining ovary. I am ok with it, it's just spare parts at this point. it would be different if I didn't have or wasn't done having kids but I am. They left enough that it won't send me into menopause at 34 but there is a chance that I will start menopause 2–5 yrs earlier than I would have normally. I was released on Saturday but I went and stayed at my mom's house for a few days. Even though Dan was home to help with the kids, there was no way I was going to get the rest I needed with 4 boys in the house. Dan also took today off of work so I could stay an extra day and I came home earlier this afternoon.



Now, on to more pressing matters.. the ADSR! I really wanted to get my second layout done before I went into the hospital since the deadline for the first week was on Sunday and I wasn't sure how well I was going to be able to function and scrap on heavy duty pain meds. So that left me to get it done by Thursday night. Yeah, that didn't happen. I don't know about everyone else but this was one doozy of a challenge.



The Challenge:



Recipe/Challenge:



Theme: 5 things I LOVE about....(choose a person, topic, idea, etc. Be Creative!)
Title: use a combination of 5 fonts and/or alphas (example: use 2 different fonts and 3 different alphas)
Photos: use 5 photos, one of the photos must have the number 5 in it!
Use 5 different elements of the same type (example: use 5 different flowers or 5 different buttons, etc.)



Season to taste: add ingredients from your digital pantry to make this layout your own!



I had a few different ideas but I just couldn't seem to make them work. Bring on the pressure! If you saw my facebook, you I was freaking out over not having my 'five'. So there I was, laying in the hospital and I still didn't have an idea and then it hit me. Go figure it hits me when I'm on a morphine pump. And believe it or not, it was actually an awesome idea. What's one thing I love? My Tattoos.. and hey what do ya know, I've got 5 of them (for now)!!



So here is my 2nd ADSR Layout- (click to enlarge)




ADSR5,Scraps



Credits:

Title- Alphas: Micheline Martin's Ransom Alpha, Blythe Evans' Silver Mine Alpha Beads (retired), Blythe Evans Teeny Tiny Type Alpha (Scrappity-Doo-Dah). Fonts (Words 'I' & 'tattoos') Nasty & Blocked Type.



5 Elements: Fabric Flowers from Vicki Stegall's Rock On Kit.



Extra elements: Micheline Martin's Perfect Title word strips, Background paper and Star trail from Vicki Stegall's Rock On Kit. Flower centers- Vonnie's DigiWorld (bows) at Scrappity-Doo-Dah, Micheline Martin's Just the Basics (CU Button Stitching), and Digital Candy's studded brads. Nancy Comelab's Photo Clusters.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea- creative and it looks like you had fun with it. The page is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete