Thursday, August 16, 2007

Not a great way to start off the day....

I promise this won't be completely negative b/c I try to always add humor to everything when I can lol.

This morning I had an early Dr's appointment. I really made an attempt to go to sleep earlier rather than later. I was off the computer by 9 pm. Went to bed when DH got home round 11. Tossed and turned for a good hour and a half, burst into tears b/c I was so tired and wanted to go to sleep but the thoughts in my head wouldn't let me. So I ended up falling asleep on the couch around 2 am. I had to be up and have the kids ready to leave by 8 am, this included me showering and getting myself dressed. My appt was at 8:45 am.

We were all ready to go by the time my mom got here, she had to go with me b/c I needed help watching the kids so I could actually talk to my Dr.

I get there coffee in hand, I call it function in a cup. Only to find out that my Dr will not be in on time b/c he had a c-section. Ok, now if my dr was an actual OB/GYN this would not piss me off but he isn't. He is a GP/Pediatrician. So the fact that I either had to reschedule or see someone else really irritated me. Mainly I guess b/c I was tired and I nearly took the nurses head off.

So I ended up seeing another Dr. It was ok.. he came off a little condescending which I didn't care for. My regular Dr is much more personable and I like him. He did give me an actual sleep aid this time b/c the anixety meds I was given to help me relax at night were not working out well. Sure they put me to sleep but I had the hardest time waking up from them.

My mom and I are in the car leaving the grocery store and I'm reading the insert in the sample of Ambien he gave me. Common Side Effects are: All medicines have side effects. Sleep medicines may cause next day drowsiness, dizziness, headaches, lightheadedness, and difficulty with coordination.

Ok sure, makes sense right? It's a sleep aid. Well, Dr also said it may also cause sleepwalking. Ok, I can be careful. Well, the insert also says there have been cases where it can cause sleep-driving. Yes, sleep driving, where you actually get in the car and drive in your sleep and you most likely won't remember it.

Directly below this statement it says "If you experience this issue please contact your Dr". Umm if Im not gunna remember doing it.. how am I going to report it? Okkkkk. But at least it won't cause an increased urge to gamble.

Have you all seen this commercial? I swear it cracks me up everytime I see it. It's Mirapex for Restless Leg Syndrome. Apparently it's a legitimate side effect but the way the commercial is presented it really quite humorous. The commercial not the side effect lol.

If you haven't seen it.. it goes through the normal list of common side effects of most meds and then they throw in Oh btw, you may have an increased urge to gamble. One of those things that makes go WHAT? in the middle of the commercial.

Ok so things are looking up a little. I have my meds that I need and all that. We get home and I send kids to the park with my 11 yr old. Very responsible and mature for his age almost 12 yr old. They all got brought home by a police officer, who I guess just happened to be near by, b/c apparently none of that matters b/c he isn't 13. Oooh magic number. So I guess there will be no cleaning on the agenda for today, unless the cops are going to come clean it or babysit so I can clean it. So now I feel like a crappy mom b/c I had no idea and needed some help with the kids.

Tomorrow is my 11th wedding anniversary too. Ok so I half lied about the negativity.. but there was a little funny part?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment