Friday, July 6, 2012

Coming Out Of Hiding


Wow. It's been a long time since I've been here. I have recently gotten the urge to start writing again. I am going to try my best to write something every morning after work if I can... at the very least, once a week. Baby steps, people.

For a brief moment I entertained the idea of creating a new blog dedicated to all the shoes I love as well as the ones I own, however that was way too much work. All the custom designing and whatnot.. why not just use an existing blog and post about all the other random crap that goes on in my life as well?!

A lot has changed since my last post... what, two years ago?!? I will give you all the condensed version :)

We moved from sunny California to the Tacoma area of Washington. It's cold and it rains a lot. This week summer is gracing us with her presence and *gasp* this weekend it's supposed to get up to 80 degrees! I am  still working for the same company, we came up here because hubby was offered a promotion to Inventory Control Manager, which required a transfer. I was hired on in the same position (Shipping Clerk) I was in back in California. I have to say, I actually like my job a lot more now than I ever did at the other facility. Only difference is that here I am working 3rd shift. I don't really mind it so much because it is really relaxed but the hours are brutal.

The kids are doing great. Kyle will be 18 at the end of this month. Alex is 16 and will be starting his Junior year of High School. Braeden just turned 11 this week and is going to be starting middle school in the fall. Liam is 9 and entering 4th grade and Greyson is 8 and entering 3rd grade.

Another thing going on with us... after a very long struggle (a couple of years of exhausting symptoms), Greyson was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. We have started him on a mood stabilizer to try to get his tantrums and mood swings under control. So far we are seeing a HUGE improvement. He has had very minimal tantrums and has been so much happier. The real test will be when he goes back to school.

Tattoos.... last time I was here I only had 5. Now I have 10. I finally got my (half) sleeve done, after 2 years of figuring out what I wanted. I ended up deciding to honor my home state with the state bird (quail) and state flower (California Poppies). Here's a picture for you....


This was done over 3 sessions by the most amazing tattoo artists I've ever met, Cindy Maxwell. Not only is she a fabulously talented artist, she is a really cool person to sit and talk to. Even if I am paying her an arm and a leg to hang out! We always have a blast during our appointments.

I could probably go on and on for quite some time but I am exhausted from work last night. I got about 3 hours of sleep yesterday before going in and have been awake for almost 24 hours. I will post more later since I will be awake all night long.

To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment