Friday, October 12, 2007

More Home Stuff...

My mom recently bought a house here in my town..actually it's down the street lol. And it was my brother's that they sold to her since they were both buying new homes at the same time. My mom moved in back in March and my brother had painted 2 walls (one in the living room and one in the master bedroom) very dark colors... which my mom didn't care for and made the house look dark and small.

So we started priming.... we fully intended to have those rooms painted within the week. Hmm yeah lol. We got the priming done..... and then it sat for a few months and my moom managed to paint her bedroom but the living room was still undone. She finished it finally a few weeks ago. It looks really nice.

Moving on to the next project, I think she wants to tear out the existing deck because she bought a new patio table and well it's too big for the deck as it is. I personally like the deck but the backyard is small and the deck takes up most of it. It would look bigger with out it.

This leads me to outdoor lighting. My mom and I have very similar tastes so anything I like I know she will like. I have visions of some sort of twinkly lights around the patio area... something calming and elegant and straight out of a magazine. Oh and some cute little path lights.. leading to the hot tub and back by the dog run area. Sounds so pretty! I really love decorating.. fantastic at shopping for other people LOL! Martha Stewart, eat your heart out!




No comments:

Post a Comment