Monday, February 25, 2008

A Sticky Situation....

Remember my post on the Sally Hansen body wax a few weeks ago?

Well, last night (rather early this morning), I decided that it would be a good idea to start waxing things. I did my lip, my eyebrows, and I decided that it would be a great idea to do my armpits as well. I despise shaving like you wouldn't believe.

Warning: Do NOT try this at home.. seriously lol. Have a professional do it. As embarrassing as it might be to go in looking like an ape.. it's much less embarrassing than what happens next.

Let me start by saying, armpits are extremely sensitive areas. If you decide to do this.. coat your pits in Orajel beforehand. Anyway, I got one of them done without a problem, except it hurt like nobody's business. This coming from a woman who has had 5 kids, sat thru 4 tattoos, and pierced her nose by herself. I went to do the other, which happened to be my right arm and I am right handed.

Well, armpits are complicated... they have a crease and it's really helpful when waxing that the skin be taut. Because when it's not, the strips don't rip off easily and you end up with wax coated armpits. Wax does not wash off easily, let me tell you. It's very sticky.. I managed to get most of it off but I gave up after awhile and went to bed. I was still kinda sticky, I was afraid I was going to wake up with my armpit superglued shut! That would have been fun explaining to my DH.

Moral of the story.. have your pits waxed by a professional.




3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a good thing to know. Wow, I can't believe you did that, I am too chicken!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! Only you my dear!! I don't hate shaving THAT much that I would even ATTEMPT this!! LOL Your a brave woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY STARS I am So cracking up at the moment. My hubby thinks I have LOST my mind. Cause I've been there, done that. Even tried to convince my doctor I needed electrolysis. yeah, that went over like a lead balloon. *huggles*

    ReplyDelete