Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bittersweet Moment :)

First before I go on, I should explain that my kids go to a year round school. If you are not familiar with YRE, the kids go to school for 3 months and have 1 month off. It's really the same amount of days in session, it's just broken up differently. Our school runs on a Multi-Trach system, meaning they have 4 different track schedules so that not all the kids are off at the same time. We also only have 1 teacher and 1 grade per track.

Anyway.. on to my bittersweet moment.

Today is the last day of the school year and my little one's last day of Kindergarten! And he's turning 6 in a week! He is my 3rd child, so I'm not all that misty eyed or anything lol. He's so excited about going to First Grade and I am excited to have another child in school FULL time! He will get to walk to school with his brothers, the only downfall is that the lower grades get out of school an hour before the older kids, so I will have to pick him up. Yeah, Im lazy.

I have all of 10 days to go school shopping before the new school year begins (ours starts the first week of July), although the upside is that I don't have to deal with the obnoxious people who hoard all the supplies and don't leave any for us little people. The downside.. there's no back to school sales on clothes. POO!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love year round schools! They are great environments. Friend's kids are in one with traks that run for 3 weeks on and one off. The 3 weeks off in June/July and December/January. The non-vacation track out weeks the kids go to the YMCA riding the same bus as if they went to school. Nochange in schedule for the kids or parents. And the school manages to get one third more kids without overcrowding. Great for everyone! Condolences and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete