Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Joy of Potty Training.

Since Greyson turned 3 back in March, we've been really trying to talk up going potty like a big boy. His answer to being called a big boy, is usually "I'm not a big boy, I am a small boy." And usually when he's referrenced as being a little boy... he's a big boy.. but only when it suits him lol.

Last week, we decided to try to sit on the potty. He had been nervous about sitting up so high before so it really surprised me when he actually sat there and he went! But that was it.. when we tried again he didn't wnat to, so I let it go.

Today, he found a stray Pampers brand diaper and took off his perfectly good diaper b/c he wanted to wear the "Elmo's World" diaper. Well, I meant to put it on him but I got lost in what I was doing and he ran off to play. All of a sudden Liam (4) runs in yelling, "Mommmmmy Greyson went pee pee on the potty all by himself!!!!" So I ran back to check, and sure enough there he's sitting high up on his throne and he's gone all by himself!

I recently got a bunch of craft supplies off of Freecycle and included were a bunch of fun stickers and paper. So I thought, hey since we have the stuff let's make a potty chart. I made a quick little chart and I let him pick out a sticker and put it on the paper. The he says, "I want another sticker" and runs back to the bathroom!! LOL. So now he's obsessed with stickers. He went 2 more times by himself today too.

He does best when he's naked so I plan on keeping him that way. I just hope he is quicker to train than Liam.. although Liam did the actual training part pretty fast.. only about 2 weeks. It was the wearing clothes part that took 6 months lol.

3 comments:

  1. YAYYYYY Greyson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome Blythe! And whatever works, stickers, not drowning Dora (in Kat's case)! LOL YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awsome is that WTG Greyson! Hun I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! That's totally awsome I hope it sticks and he trains fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD LUCK WITH THE POTTY TRAINING--------I REALLY DISLIKED THAT PART OF MOTHERHOOD!!!! BEST OF LUCK...

    ReplyDelete