Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cranky and Nauseous..

Not a fabulous combo let me tell you.

I was at the dentist last night for the first of 4 Deep Cleanings which required anesthetics and a lot of them. First a topical.. then a shot in my gums and one in my cheek. Then another in the gums b/c I could still sorta feel it.

They told me not to eat til it wore off completely.. and I'm so glad I didn't wait otherwise I would have starved to death. I went to bed at 10:30 and my lip was still numb but the rest was all better.

I go back on Friday for some more. I'm not terribly thrilled as I have some anxiety issues. I'd rather be knocked out completely. I don't like being aware of what someone is doing in my mouth even if I can't feel it. It was the same with my c-section.. I am glad it was something they HAD to put me out for because I don't think I could have been able to be awake for it. It would have freaked me out too much.

Needless to say, I'm a bit sensitive this morning. I took some Advil so I'm good on that front but the kids are making me cranky and I feel kinda blah.. I'm guessing an after effect of the anesthetic? I don't know.. I've never had dental anesthetic before.

Anyway, I'm off to get the kids ready for school AGAIN. I got Liam dressed and now he is UNdressed and wearing a cow suit.



No comments:

Post a Comment