Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Always on the go..

I was talking to my dad today.. well more like he was talking and I was pretending to listen. I know that sounds bad but seriously.. if you had to deal with daily guilt trips and have to hear about how much his life sucks, you'd pretend too. He's started just "dropping by" without calling because he knows I either won't answer the phone or I won't want company. So then he shows up and I'm forced to answer the door and he parks his butt on my couch and then doesn't leave.

Grr.

Anyway, today he was talking about how he might be going on a trip and asked me how much I thought getting some travel medical insurance would be. Like I would know, ha ha. I shot him a look.

So, then he starts rambling on about how he's going to start getting SSI because he's over 65 and how he's not sure what he is going to do because he needs to work so he can live but he's going to be limited in how much he can make. Basically, he can't make a profit. He's talking about getting a job at Walmart.. oh I can just picture it, my dad the Walmart Greeter Guy. That won't happen though, he'd go back to driving a cab before he did that.

I was glad to have gotten some caffeine in me before he showed up though.. otherwise things could have gone very badly, ha ha.

I am so tired right now. I wish I could go to bed but I have to wait until this last load is done in the dryer so I can switch it out and get Dan's work clothes in the dryer for tomorrow. I wish I would have thought to check too see if he needed clothes washed earlier. As much as I love staying up late and enjoying the peace and quiet.. I am dying to just go to bed.

Anyway, I better get going. Have a great night.



No comments:

Post a Comment