Saturday, January 12, 2008

Aaaaa-CHOO!

My 12 yr old son, Alex, is going off to Science Camp next month. Anyone who has to take medication on a regular basis has to have each and every med approved by their doctor, even over the counter stuff. It's got to be written exactly how it should be taken, when and how much.

Alex suffers from seasonal allergies, thankfully for him (and me!) he really only has problems in the spring time. Hopefully, he won't have a problem while he's gone.

Which leads me to my next (very random) thought, maybe I should invest in a dehumidifier? I've been reading up on them because I didn't even know what they did. I know about humidifiers, just not dehumidifiers.

This site I am reading though says that if your room is air conditioned then you probably don't need a dehumidifier, or at least you shouldn't need one. So there you have it.

Anyway, back to Science Camp. This program is so much fun. The camp they are going is to has been used with the Bay Area schools for something like 65 years. I'm pretty sure I went when I was in school. We took a trip in the 6th grade, all the 6th grade classes went. This was our big end of the year class trip.

927 acres of Redwood forests and just a few short miles from the ocean, what more could a kid ask for? My son, Kyle, went last year and had a ball. I know Alex will too.




No comments:

Post a Comment