Friday, January 18, 2008

Living Vicariously Through Others

That is the theme of the day for me! I do this every so often.. rather than sit here dreaming about how I wish things were different with my current living situation, I'm going to help redecorate my mom's house.

Sounds crazy but at least I'm not loathing in self-pity, right? Ok, here's the background story on my mom's house. She bought it from my brother and sister-in-law, who did alot of upgrades, including most of the kitchen. One thing in the kitchen they did not upgrade were the cabinet fronts. In the dining room, they changing the flooring to this really pretty dark cherry finish, so now her oak cabinets look out of place.

I am checking out DirectBuy website and it looks pretty nice from what I can see. They charge a membership, that enables you to get manufacturer prices on their products. You can fill out a short form and get a free pass to their showroom. I love looking at this kind of stuff.. I've got some great ideas, now the key is to talk my mom into listening to me. So, any bets on how long that will take?



No comments:

Post a Comment