Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yummy Potato Salad Recipe



I've been asked to try a few varieties of Grey Poupon mustard and I decided this was the perfect excuse to make my potato salad. I absolutely adore this recipe and my family does too. I'm not sure where it came from, but it's so yummy. I usually make it to take to family picnics or barbecues but it's been awhile and so I was totally having a craving!

  • 1 lb cooked & cubed russet potatoes

  • 1 cup chopped bell pepper

  • 1 cup chopped celery

  • 1/2 cup red onion

  • 2 TBSP sweet relish

  • 3-4 TBSP mustard

  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise

  • 1-2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar

  • Season with Salt and pepper to taste.
I like to try using different types of potatoes for a fun variation. I've used russets, yukon gold, and red potatoes but I really think I would like to try it with Purple Peruvian potatoes. I think the color would give it a fun twist.

I served this to my two younger boys for lunch with their hotdogs and it was perfect! The Grey Poupon mustard gave the salad a much different texture than regular mustard and a much better taste I might add. I used the Harvest Course Ground mustard. The mustard seeds are left mostly whole in this type and I think it had the most impact on the salad. The kids loved it!

My husband used the spicy mustard on the cheeseburger he brought home, he said it made it even better!







1 comment:

  1. Sounds Scrumptious B. You gotta tell me how it turns out k?!

    ReplyDelete