Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ace of Cakes

Can you tell I watch alot of tv? I really love this show and if you haven't seen it, you really should. It's just incredible what can be done with cakes and the cast (staff) is the goofiest bunch of people ever. It's on TLC.

The episode I watched the other night, Duff, the owner and head chef took this wedding cake all the way to Chicago travelling all the way back to Maryland where they operate from. It was a really amazing cake. It was a whole retro design and they had each tier on a very cool looking glass blocks that they sort of caulked together with some icing.

One of the other cakes they did on this episode was an anniversary cake for a couple who they had originally done their wedding cake for the year before. Apparently, after they got married they bought this amazingly beautiful home which was perfect upon closing and then things just started breaking. I think they said the basement flooded and some other crazy stuff. Oh my gosh, I would have cried if it were me. So the house WAS the cake! They stuck two little handmade people up on the roof and they had water coming out from under neath the doors. it turned out so awesome looking.

I want to order one of their cakes JUST to meet Duff. He seems like one of the coolest guys ever. I wonder what kind of event I could dream up to justify getting that cool of a cake and what would I have him make? Hmm, food for thought. Haha, pun completely INtended!




No comments:

Post a Comment