Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Relax....

So, now that we are all fully recuperated from our bout with a nasty stomach virus I can tell you about something that I received earlier in the week.

I got to try out the Gold Medal Wine of the Month club. I received 2 bottles of wine, one white and one red. A 2004 Bradford Mountain Zinfandel and a 2005 Belvedere Chardonnay. The wine arrived very nicely wrapped in tissue paper and a pretty bow.

It also came with a newsletter which I found very informative, since I am not a very big wine connoisseur. It gave me a little insight into some of our local wineries, on a more personal note. We have alot of different wineries in our immediate area so this was a good way for us to try out some that we might not other wise know about.

There was a pretty good recipe in the newsletter as well, it really made me laugh and well, it really made me want to try it out. Which I did and it was excellent! And being the great person that I am, I will share it with you.


Rosemary Chicken



  • 1-3 pound chicken, cut into pieces

  • Two glasses of Chardonnay for chef

Marinade Prep-



  • 1 tsp Rosemary, fresh

  • 6 cloves of garlic, fresh and peeled

  • 3/4 cup Belvedere Chardonnay

  • 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

  • Juice of one half lemon

  • Fresh ground pepper

Put all ingredients into a blender and pulse until garlic is finely chopped, take a sip of Chardonnay. Place chicken in a baking dish, pour marinade over chicken, and rub thoroughly. Finish glass of Chardonnay. Let chicken marinate for 30 minutes. Pour second glass of Chardonnay. Bake Rosemary Chicken at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes.


Very very good recipe! After dinner, I took another glass of wine and took a nice hot long bubble bath. It was a very relaxing night!


1 comment:

  1. That recipe sounds good. Sorry about the tantrums, but I think they're a part of motherhood. I know, now you want to hit me.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete