Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday Shirts

I ordered a shirt from a company called Friday Shirts for my son recently and it just arrived today. It's pretty nice, it is a sage green linen/cotton blend and it looks really nice on him. It is meant as beach wedding attire, called a Guayabera. It is a very popular shirt in Latin America, the Caribbean, southeast Asia, and the West Indies.

It took about 4 weeks to get to us. The reason it took so long is because they are custom made by hand. They even called me to confirm the order and to ask a few specific questions, like did I want the embroidery color to match the shirt. They were very nice and professional on the phone and when it did arrive it was in great shape and was just the way I wanted. And the detail on the embroidery is amazing!

It's very light weight and breathable too. I think my son will get alot of good use out of it.

Here is a picture of him in it so you all can see. Please excuse the hair, he needs to have it cut pretty badly and note the fake smile, apparently the child has lost his ability to smile on command.


Here is a nice close up shot of the embroidery, pretty nice huh?


Thumbs up to Friday Shirts from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment