Sunday, November 25, 2007

Living in a Digital World

I just had to tell you all how much I love my new camera. It's funny that I am still calling it new, because I got it for my last birthday so it's almost a year old. I waited so long for it though, I still can't believe I got one!

I started out in digital photography with a little Canon Powershot point and shoot. It took pretty decent pictures until well it didn't anymore. I still have it but we use it just not as much anymore, but we used it for about 4 years. Now I have the Digital Rebel XT and I love it. I had been drooling over it for about 2 or 3 years back when they first came out and no one else had one.

We've always been fanatics about Canon cameras, heck just about Canon anything! If it's not a Canon, we're not buying it. We've had a really good experience owning Canon products.

I still have a nice 35 mm SLR but rarely use it since we've gone digital. It just makes sense for us with 5 active kids not to have to buy film and pray and hope we get a decent photo. That and I am a sucker for instant gratification, I love seeing my photos right after I take them and if they don't come out because someone blinked or is screaming at his brother for poking him, I can hit delete.

My husband is getting a kick out of playing with the different settings as well. The other day he took the camera into work so he could take some photos on his way home. Here is a sample of what he was up to in the dark.

I have a few favorites but this is one of them. He set the 30 second delay on the shutter and took pictures of the cards driving past. I love the trail of the lights and the sillouhette of the hills in the background.




This photo I took from the window of an airplane. It was right outside of the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport, probably about 10-15 minutes after take off. I'm glad I was able to catch the sunset.

I would really love to get a nice zoom lens and a portrait lens for Christmas, hint hint Santa!


No comments:

Post a Comment