Friday, November 30, 2007

On the Weightloss Front

This is not going well at all. I have had the hardest time this go round and I'm not sure why. I used to be so motivated and now I'm just not. I think alot if it is that it's coming off very slowly no matter how well I stay on program. It's very discouraging actually. I think I got spoiled by how fast it came off the time before. But I will keep trying. I need to make some chocolate bran muffins to kick it into gear. These are THE best muffiins ever. You hear Bran and think "Eww woodchips" but seriously these are so full of chocolate, you'll never notice the bran. Well ok.. you'll notice the bran but you sure won't taste it! It's like having a colon cleanse, but it tastes good.

Here is the recipe.

Chocolate Bran Muffins- makes 20-24 muffins: 3 WW points.

  • 3 cups All Bran cereal (generic flakes work well too)
  • 2.5 cups water
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 box Betty Crocker Lowfat Brownie Mix, dry (No Pudge works too but makes less muffins)
  • 6 oz chocolate chips

Directions:

Combine water, baking powder, and cereal in a large mixing bowl and let sit for 5-10 minutes. The mushier the better. Mix in brownie mix, stir til well mixed and fold in chocolate chips. Divide into muffin cups, about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter each. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

These also freeze and reheat really well. Just warn anyone about the bran before they eat and don't let he kids have them!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment