Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful for Life..

This post by my good friend Heather, reminded me that life is entirely short and we shouldn't take anyone or anything for granted.

Which got me thinking about long term plans like who will get my kids if god forbid something happened to both me and Dan at the same time. Morbid I know but you can't be too careful.

My brothers lost their father very suddenly, it was about 10 yrs ago now, so they were just 17 and 15 at the time. He died scuba diving. No accident or anything liek that, he had an air embulism and died pretty much instantly. But he only had a handwritten will, it was enough to suffice though but it would have been much easier for everyone if he had a legal one drafted and enforced by a lawyer.

Wills, led to me thinking about getting a term life insurance quote to see what kind of plan we can afford. Dan doesn't have anything through his job, only accidental insurance becuase he does manual labor. I think it's a good idea for everyone to have a little something planned just incase. You never know what is around the corner and you can't be too careful, especially when you have kids involved.

A little food for thought. Have a great thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment